Friday, November 5

Rain without Mercy


Jaco Beach today

Playa Hermosa today
It's been days since I've been out so I loaded up the pups and we went for a ride to check things out. I didn't get off the beaten track because I know there are lots of mudslides and wash-outs everywhere! The rivers are widening and taking everything with it.
Jaco town looked pretty good. All the recent road blocks for drainage construction work on Pop's road paid off. I'm sure some of the shops downtown have been flooded due to this rain but it looked good in town compared to years in the past.
I came home and watched the news and saw just how fortunate we are (unless you live by a river) in Jaco and Hermosa. I took photos of the images I saw on the news. I could not believe my eyes and the tears started to swell.
So much suffering.
Some of you can't watch the news here and so I am posting these pictures for you so you know what is going on.
I've posted the pictures on Flickr.
(http://www.flickr.com/photos/ticamachatourscostarica/sets/72157625195479315/)
Click HERE to go directly to the set "Rain without Mercy".
After seeing this, the rain sounds like Angels crying.

6 comments:

Carol Brown said...

Thanks for all the pics & updates, Teri! It breaks my heart to see the devastation. I am happy to hear that the folks that run the Lighthouse Animal Rescue have been out looking for animals that may need a safe place. All my friends that weren't active on the internet (lol I knew you were ok, Teri, cuz you were a busy bee) finally were reachable by phone. My house is okay & I've offered it to my housekeeper and her mother, who is very close to the water. She is going to collect some sheets & blankets from my house to drop off at the collection center at DayStar. I heard Max x Menos had over a meter in there - You are right, Teri - all that work on Pops Blvd. paid off! Huge Hugs - See you in 3 weeks!!!!

Pat said...

Thanks for posting this along with all the photos. It's hard for us to to get comprehensive news like this when we are stateside. We will be back next month and help where we can.

Tica Macha said...

I know how I felt when I didn't live here yet but cared what was going on in Costa Rica. Maybe one day I'll get a video camera but while watching the news I thought, a picture is worth a thousand words. Thanks for commenting and letting me know it helped.

Tica Macha said...

Love, love your cooking blog:
http://enlacocina.michunche.com/
wish you had a subscription button!!

Pat said...

Thanks for the comment on my blog... http://enlacocina.michunche.com The CR limes are perfect for Key Lime pie. Doña Maria cookies should work great for a pie crust. Just grind them up to a fine powder, add a little salt and 1/2 stick of margarine. Bake it for about 30 minutes at 325°F until it is toasted. Add the Key Lime pie filling and let me know how it turns out.

Pat said...

BTW... for a cool switch up on Peach cobbler, follow my recipe and swap the peaches for ripe mangos.... Awesome!!!