Thursday, September 24

The Dotted Duckling


For all those that have kept up with my blog, you know I love nature and animals, especially all the living things around my house. These are my favorite subjects. This morning I looked out and a duck flew into my yard. I know they use the tall palm in my yard for nesting so I looked around for her ducklings. In the past, I have seen as many as ten little ducklings fall 30 feet (about 10 meters) from that palm tree and in a straight line, they follow their mom to the river. Those days were BEFORE the fence. I watched to see how she was going to get her one and only duckling pass the fence. The duckling dodge in and out of the chain link fence but the mom was blocked by her size and would not fly over so I went out and opened the gate for them. Momma Duck waddled pass me and ushered her little duckling into the free world. I was so thankful I found them before the dogs did. I'll keep watching for more ducklings.
She looked as though she paused to say "Thanks Macha" and waddled out with her one precious follower.

5 comments:

Carol said...

Awwwwwww, that is so sweet!

Ezequiel M. Avaro said...

cuaaack

Anonymous said...

Aaaww that quacks me up.
B.

Anonymous said...

Viaduct?

Tica Macha said...

When I returned home today, the little ducks were all gathered in the corner, must have been 10 of them, minus one that Macha caught. She has been scolded thoroughly. I went out with a bucket to collect them (to take to the river) and they all disappeared. Poof!
I'm still searching...