Sunday, March 1

Sunrise Sunday


Good Lord, I need to get back out there with my camera and take some "Shots for the Soul". Sometimes, I get so preoccupied juggling my time and efforts, dogs/house/car, whatnot, I forget about my true love just waiting for me... photography.

"Shots for the Soul" is a little project I am scheming, as of late.
TeriTunes is playing "Over the Rainbow" right now, Hawaiian style.
This is dedicated to Abroadincostarica and all those who are still following their dream.
Welcome to the Land of Oz.
Pura Vida.

Song by Israel "Iz" Kaʻanoʻi Kamakawiwoʻole (May 20, 1959 – June 26, 1997)
(pronounced [kaˌmakaˌvivoˈʔole]) was a Hawaiʻi musician. Ya know, Hawaiians have their own language consisting of 10 vowels + 8 consonants = 18 letters total. NOW That's keeping it simple.
Shout out to BreeWee in Hawaii who sent me a cd with this song on it. Costa Rica waits for you.

7 comments:

katemeri said...

Thanks so much for sharing this beautiful sunrise Teri! The only way I get sunrise shots is if Dave drags me out of bed, fighting and clawing. It doesn't happen often.

Have a beautiful day!

Kate

Tica Macha said...

Ashame to say but not much effort went into this shot. Walked out on my balcony in my robe, click.
God provided the rest.

Brett said...

I was fortunate to see this sunrise from my longboard as beautiful waves rolled in and hissed from the offshore winds...keep up the good work!

Tica Macha said...

It's a gift, everyday.
Just LOVE your blog Brett.

BreeWee said...

This is totally the post I needed, your blog always has a way of making the soul come alive and the heart awaken...

Anonymous said...

Teri - This is a few days late but this one message touched my heart and made me cry. Thank YOU.
Pat

Tica Macha said...

Most Americans can relate to Dorothy in the Wizard of Oz and her desire for adventure but also longing to return to home where she is loved and everything is "normal". Our job living abroad is to find that in "the land of Oz". I am happy to hear my post connected with your heart.