Monday, March 2

Below 7000

Those that read my blog, know I follow the stock market. Today, the Dow opened above 7000 and then quickly dropped below that 7000 level, first time since Oct. 28, 1997.
It's like a dream watching the ticker tape stream past with all the record lows.

When I lived in Hawaii (early 80's), I learned about getting back to basics and living like the locals. It's expensive for a tourist so you have to catch on quick. Moving to Costa Rica in 2002, it was the same all over again except CR is a very poor country. I stopped going back to the U.S. because it depressed me. So much consumption, so much waste. CR may be considered "behind the times" but in some ways, we live everyday (pura vida) what others are just beginning to learn.
"Having the best things is not a substitute for having the Best Life" - quote from Oprah. Pura Vida.

5 comments:

Brett said...

I've tied up my investments in longboards that pay dividends every day, gonna get a big ole bag of rice and beans and settle in for this economic downturn...pura vida!

Tica Macha said...

Paying big dividends if you consider the living Pura Vida part. Those of us living here downsized long ago and now watch the U.S. in amazement for their wasteful ways.

barry said...

GM T., Ya know as bad as its getting,, some how listening to IZ sing makes me sadder we lost him , than what's lost in my portfolio,, thanks for the nice reminder what's important

barry said...

the stocks will someday return,, such a great talent will not..

BreeWee said...

Oh you said it...
Some locals (born and raised in their late 70's) finally took a trip OFF the island and went to Costa Rica & they said, "this is how Hawaii used to be". That was their words about the trip...

Seriously, if I can not be in CR Hawaii is by far second best!! Enjoy the simplicity.

Sending you lots of ALOHA to go with your Pura Vida... ha ha!