Wednesday, October 29

Sleeping with a Spider


I recently acquired a macro lens and got this photo of a VERY tiny spider camping out on one of my plants. I think I may have a spider sleeping with me because I wake up every morning with a new bite. I've battled ticks and ants but never spiders,,, yet. Seems they are coming out of the woodwork (that's just an expression, my house is concrete except for the ceiling). I do think it is the season now for the spiders because I have been seeing more and more of them lately. I sure hope it's not the "the kissing bug" (see Chagas pastpost) that has been biting me! Guess I'll never know. I do know my sheets have never been washed so many times in one week! AND I don't hang them on the line outside to dry ever since I read www.abroadincostarica.com post about the botfly.
And I thought Florida had lots of bugs!

4 comments:

Pierre Alexander said...

I hate spiders, let alone sleeping with one...

Anonymous said...

What a beautiful picture! I love how the web fades out as it gets to the edge of the picture.

Tica Macha said...

I could barely see that spider without glasses. That macro lens is incredible. I was just trying it out so didn't bother to use a tripod. Wish I had.

Tica Macha said...

The circles in the picture are waterdrops. He would gather the water and flick it off his web. Amazing to watch him/her in action.