Wednesday, November 8

TERREMOTO

In English that means EARTHQUAKE!!!
Yeppers, Wednesday morning at 12:40 a.m.,
my house rocked/shuttered for about three seconds!
It's so hard to describe but being on the second floor,
I could really feel it. It seems to last longer than it is.
I'm sure most people slept through it but I was wide
awake, watching Joan of Arc for the second time.
I am from hurricane country. Hurricanes, I understand.
Earthquakes, that's a whole new terror.
IT comes from NOWHERE, out of the blue.
Like the raging lightning here a few nights ago
with barely any rain.
From out of nowhere, but it passed fast.
Same for the earthquake.
My first earthquake here was novel and exciting.
Later, after I saw the damage on t.v., my respect grew.
Raging Mother Earth - She ROCKS!
You gotta have respect.

2 comments:

Blog Bloke said...

That's what you get for living on the west coast. It goes for me too. I live in earthquake country and you never really get used to it. You just learn to live with it.

Are your house foundations on sand or rock? Can you retrofit your house into the bedrock? You should also make an emergency kit (eg. water, canned food, etc.)

How big was it? Are there any volcanoes near you?

So many questions ;-)

Don't be too freaked by it. It's something that you have to expect and plan for.

...BB

Tica Macha said...

It's one of the PURA VIDA things. My house is built with huge columns and although it rocks on the second floor, I feel safer than facing hurricanes. Nope, I don't think we have volcanoes near. If it's not one thing, it's ten others. Pura Vida