Friday, November 17

Shining IPO - Trade Talk


Today, the New York Mercantile Exchange (symbol - NMX) started trading on the New York Stock Exchange. The long awaited initial public offering began trading yesterday after close at $59
and NMX opened today at $120.
It hit a high of $152. in the same day.
Now, that's a shooting star!
Some millionaires got a few million richer.

I'm not rich by any means but in this country, a little philanthropy goes a long way. Today, I saw this rather elderly lady walking down the street with the corner of a burlap bag on her head. The rest of the bag draped over her shoulders and covered her back. Her make-shift raincoat. I watched her go from garbage bag to garbage bag, picking out aluminum cans. This sight touched my heart, she was much too old to do this "line of work". I stopped and handed her c5,000 (about $10 here). She smiled, thanked me, and continued with her work.
For me, that may represent one less breakfast outing.
For her, it's feeding her entire family.
Thanksgiving is coming, it's never too soon to start giving.

3 comments:

Blog Bloke said...

I would just be careful who sees you doing this. Street thugs might consider you an easy mark.

Tica Macha said...

I am VERY careful who sees me and who I give money to. I don't go around just handing out money either but sometimes the occasion warrants a hand-out. Thanks for the warning.

Tica Macha said...

Maybe because you were so generious to help me yesterday, I in turn, wanted to be generous to someone else. You know, "Pay it Foward".